In this lesson, learners will be able to:
- derive and use the standard ruler and compass constructions to construct the:
- construct the perpendicular bisector of a line segment,
- construct a perpendicular to a given line from/at a given point,
- bisecting a given angle
- recognise and use the perpendicular distance from a point to a line as the shortest distance to the line
- understand what loci/ locus of point is and the link with construction and bisecting.
- find the area that satisfy a given criteria.
Lesson can be used as whole class teaching by teachers and at home by learners.
Lots of drag and drop activity with instant feedback.
To access online choose the multiscreen.html file.
To access offline choose the swf file.
Contains 39 interactive pages