This lesson is a complete interactive lesson designed for year 3 learners on how to tell the time.
In this lesson, learners will be able to:
- learn how to write and tell the time from an analogue clock;
- read times in Roman numerals from I to XII;
- understand difference between 12-hour and 24-hour clocks;
- estimate and read time with increasing accuracy to the nearest minute;
- record and compare time in terms of seconds, minutes and hours;
- use vocabulary such as o’clock, am/pm, morning, afternoon, noon and midnight;
- know the number of seconds in a minute and the number of days in each month, year and leap year; and
- compare durations of events [for example, to calculate the time taken by particular events or tasks].
This lesson contains 77 interactive pages with lots of drag and drop activities and worksheet for extended work.
Click here to view other year 3 topics here.
Please leave a review if you find our resources helpful and be sure to follow us if you wish to be kept up to date with when we upload new and exciting resources.